When an individual struggles with addiction, they can be dealing with a variety of contributing factors. Addiction does not discriminate and can happen to anyone. The path to recovery is not easy and can feel overwhelming. However, an addiction facility can ensure you have access to a safe environment and resources that can help you through each step in your recovery. At Evoke Wellness Ohio, we understand that every patient has a unique set of needs and circumstances that need to be met. Our male and female patients have different life experiences that will inform their struggles with addiction and recovery journeys. That is why we provide men’s and women’s rehab programs.
Our addiction facility in Columbus, OH, provides women looking to receive treatment and go through recovery with a supportive and understanding environment. We strive to help all our patients build a solid foundation for recovery and to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally. If you are a woman struggling with addiction and want help, contact our team to learn more about our Ohio women’s rehab center. Call 866.430.9267 today to learn more.
Understanding How Substance Abuse and Addiction Affect Women
Everyone’s experiences with addiction are different, and there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to treatment that works for everyone. Factors like mental health history, environment, relationships, and trauma significantly impact an individual’s addiction. Gender can also play an important role, especially regarding substance abuse in women.
Some examples of how substance abuse affects women are:
- Age of drug or alcohol exposure—Women typically are exposed to drugs and alcohol at an older age than men. They are more likely to develop an addiction from self-medicating or prescription drug misuse.
- Substance women abuse—The primary substances women abuse are alcohol, prescription drugs, and opioids.
- Rate of escalation—When introduced to an addictive substance, women are more likely to rapidly increase the amount and frequency of their substance abuse. This puts them at a greater risk of developing an addiction.
- Likelihood of relapse—Women are more susceptible to experiencing a relapse and typically more likely to have shorter periods of sobriety.
At Evoke Wellness Ohio, our women’s rehab center understands substance abuse, how it affects women differently, and the type of treatment they may need. Women are impacted by addiction in ways that differ from men, which means the treatment and therapy programs they need may also differ. Our goal is to help every patient meet their recovery goals and learn to live happy and healthy sober lives.
Addiction Treatment Options Specific to Women
A women’s rehab program is designed to help treat addiction and women’s needs. Some specific experiences and expectations are unique to our female patients that influence the treatments they receive and the progress they make.
Some of the challenges and experiences women may face that impact their addiction:
- Pregnancy and birth
- Roles of motherhood and caretakers
- Sexual assault or domestic violence
- Feelings of guilt and shame being separated from children or family
- Misogyny in the workplace
- Eating disorders or body image issues
A women’s rehab program understands both substance abuse and women. We provide a safe environment where our female patients can feel comfortable expressing themselves and working through their past experiences. Recovery is a difficult journey, but our staff provides all our patients with the care and support they need to succeed.
Learn More About Our Ohio Women’s Rehab Center at Evoke Wellness Ohio
At our addiction treatment facility, we provide evidence-based treatment and high-quality care for all our patients. In our women’s rehab program, our female patients have access to various programs and resources to help them through the healing process.
We offer our patients several addiction treatments and therapy programs, such as:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive inpatient treatment
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Acute detox
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Group therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Individual therapy program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
- Aftercare program
Contact Evoke Wellness Ohio at 866.430.9267 to take your first steps in your recovery journey. You can also fill out our online form and let us get back to you.