At Evoke Wellness Ohio’s depression treatment center, we offer a unique approach to depression treatment programs based on the latest research in neuroscience and psychology. We believe that depression is a treatable condition that comprehensive and customized professional treatment can effectively manage. Our goal is to help our clients achieve remission from their symptoms and improve their overall functioning.
If you or someone you love is struggling with a depression disorder, seek professional help today by contacting Evoke Wellness Ohio at 866.430.9267. Ask us about our depression treatment program in Columbus, Ohio. We also offer other mental health treatment programs for those struggling with other conditions.
Types of Depression Disorders
There are several different types of depression disorders, each with its own set of signs and symptoms:
- Bipolar disorder – This is characterized by periods of mania or extreme highs and periods of depression or extreme lows. These mood swings can interfere with a person’s functioning in everyday life.
- Major depressive disorder (MDD) – This is the most common type of depression, characterized by a persistent feeling of sadness or emptiness, loss of interest in activities that were once enjoyable, difficulty concentrating, changes in appetite or weight, fatigue, and thoughts of death or suicide. MDD can also interfere with a person’s ability to work, go to school, or take care of everyday activities.
- Persistent depressive disorder (PDD) – Also known as dysthymia, PDD is a chronic form of depression characterized by symptoms that are less severe than those of major depression but last for at least two years. People with PDD may have trouble functioning in their everyday lives and may also experience episodes of major depression.
- Postpartum depression – This occurs in some women after they give birth. Symptoms include sadness, anxiety, sleep problems, changes in appetite, and thoughts of death or suicide. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please seek professional help.
- Psychotic depression – This occurs when a person has significant depression along with psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions. Psychotic depression can be a severe condition that requires immediate treatment.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) – This is a type of depression that occurs during the winter months when there is less natural sunlight. Symptoms of SAD include fatigue, difficulty concentrating, changes in appetite or weight, and feelings of hopelessness.
It is crucial to get your mental health comprehensively assessed by a professional to ensure you get the most effective treatment for your particular condition. Because there are different types of depression disorders, and no one has the same experience with depression, it is essential to find a treatment approach tailored to your needs.
Benefits of Undergoing Depression Treatment at Evoke Wellness Ohio
Another benefit of our program is that we take a comprehensive approach to treatment. We will not only address your depression symptoms, but we will also work with you on other areas of your life, such as your relationships, work/life balance, and self-care. We believe in treating the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Our team is comprised of experienced mental health professionals who are dedicated to helping our clients achieve recovery. Our staff includes licensed psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, and other mental health professionals committed to providing high-quality care.
Families play an essential role in the recovery process, and we believe they should be involved in treatment as much as possible. We offer family counseling sessions and education classes so families can learn more about depression and how they can best support their loved ones during this difficult time.
Individualized Treatment Plans
One of the benefits of seeking treatment at Evoke Wellness Ohio is that our team will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. We understand that no two people are alike and that each person will respond differently to treatment. Therefore, we must create a plan designed specifically for you and your unique set of circumstances.
If you're ready to start your journey to recovery, we're here to help.
Consider Evoke Wellness Ohio’s Depression Treatment Program
If you or someone you love is struggling with depression, know there is hope. Treatment at Evoke Wellness Ohio can help you manage your symptoms and improve your overall functioning. We offer an individualized, comprehensive treatment approach based on the latest research in neuroscience and psychology. Our experienced team is dedicated to helping our clients achieve remission from their symptoms and improve their quality of life. Contact us today at 866.430.9267 to learn more about our depression treatment program in Columbus, Ohio, or to schedule a free consultation.