Because alcohol is legal, many are less aware of the dangers of overconsumption. Many enjoy a beer or glass of wine at the end of the day or at social occasions. Some can drink frequently without it becoming a problem or interfering in their lives. Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone. Many individuals find themselves struggling with binge drinking, which can turn into alcohol addiction. When someone battles addiction, it can have significant consequences on all aspects of their life, from their health to their relationships.
If you or someone you know is struggling with binge drinking, it is best to reach out for professional help to prevent damage to your health and well-being. At Evoke Wellness Ohio, we understand the dangers of binge drinking and how quickly it can take over your life. For those looking for a safe and supportive environment for treatment, consider our Ohio alcohol rehab center. Call us at 866.430.9267 today to learn how we can help.
Identifying When Binge Drinking Becomes a Problem
Binge drinking is consuming an excessive amount of alcohol in a short amount of time. Not everyone who engages in binge drinking is dependent on alcohol, but if left unchecked, it can have significant harmful effects. Recognizing when binge drinking becomes a problem can be critical for getting professional treatment.
Some of the signs of when binge drinking becomes a problem are:
- Frequently blacking out from drinking
- Feeling irritable or excessively tired after a night out
- Going all out with drinking on the weekends
- Setting limits on how much you drink and failing
- Spending a lot of time feeling guilty or worrying about how much you drink
- Your friends and family are expressing concerns about your drinking habits
- Experiencing health problems
- Facing professional, legal, or financial issues because of your drinking
Identifying binge drinking and seeking treatment early can prevent severe long-term physical and mental side effects. Participating in a treatment program can be overwhelming and uncomfortable at first, but the outcome is worth it. At Evoke Wellness Ohio, we support patients through every step of their recovery to help them improve their overall health and well-being.
Understanding the Dangers of Binge Drinking
Many associate alcohol with parties and fun social events. However, the dangers of binge drinking should not be overlooked. Alcohol is a depressant that can have significant effects when consumed in excess. In addition to physical and mental impacts, binge drinking can also have consequences for other aspects of your life.
Below are examples of some of the dangers of drinking:
- Chronic diseases such as stroke, liver disease, and heart disease
- Increased risk of violence
- Unintentional injuries like car accidents or alcohol poisoning
- Memory and learning challenges
- Increased risk of cancers
- Financial struggles
- Damaged relationships
Our team understands the dangers of binge drinking and how it can have severe consequences on an individual’s life. If you find yourself preoccupied with alcohol and have a difficult time controlling your drinking, it could be time to reach out for help. You do not have to wait until you hit rock bottom before seeking treatment. Receiving treatment sooner can help you get your life back to a healthier and happier place.
Learn More About the Alcohol Rehab Center at Evoke Wellness Ohio
At Evoke Wellness Ohio, we offer various treatments and therapy programs to help our patients build a solid foundation for lasting recovery and wellness. Some of the programs and services we provide to help patients struggling with alcohol addiction are:
- Drug and alcohol detox center
- Medication-assisted treatment programs
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive inpatient treatment program
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Rehab aftercare program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy program