Everyone’s recovery journey is different, but with the proper support and resources, it’s possible to overcome addiction and move on from anxiety in a positive way. By seeking professional help, individuals can start to rebuild their lives and experience a newfound sense of peace and freedom. It can be hard work, but it’s worth the effort in the end. With the right help, it can be a journey of healing and self-discovery.
To learn more about a supplemental anxiety treatment program being incorporated into your addiction treatment plan, contact Evoke Wellness Ohio today. Call 866.430.9267 or reach out to us online for more information.
Anxiety and Addiction: How Are They Connected?
It is no surprise that people struggling with anxiety often turn to substance abuse as a way of coping with their stressors. Research has found there are certain substances, such as alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs, that can temporarily reduce symptoms of anxiety. These substances may also provide an escape from the stressors in life or increase feelings of self-confidence.
Unfortunately, this kind of self-medication can lead to addiction and further anxiety. Even with occasional use, these substances can cause physical and psychological dependence, as well as the need for larger doses to achieve the desired effects. As a result, someone who continues using these substances may start experiencing higher levels of anxiety due to withdrawal symptoms when they try to quit or abstain.
The connection between anxiety and addiction is complex, as each can cause and increase the other. It’s important to recognize this cycle and be aware of it if you or a loved one are struggling with anxiety or addiction. Seeking professional help can help break this cycle, as well as provide support for managing symptoms of both conditions in a healthy way.
The Importance of Addressing Anxiety in Addiction Recovery
When it comes to addiction recovery, addressing anxiety is an essential part of the process. It can be hard to understand why this is so important, but there are many benefits when anxiety is taken seriously and addressed appropriately. Here are just a few reasons:
- Getting through withdrawals – Anxiety symptoms can be especially intense during substance withdrawal. Addressing these feelings can help to make the process more manageable and less overwhelming.
- Managing cravings – Anxiety can be a major trigger for cravings, so tackling it head-on can be an important part of avoiding relapse.
- Improving mental health – Anxiety has been linked to many different mental health issues, such as depression, low self-esteem, and even suicidal thoughts. By getting treatment for anxiety, people in recovery can take an important step toward improving their mental health.
- Building healthier relationships – Anxiety can make it difficult to build and maintain healthy relationships with friends and family members. Addressing anxiety can help people to build strong connections that are free from fear and self-doubt.
- Discovering underlying causes of addiction – Anxiety can often be a symptom of deeper issues that need to be addressed. With the proper treatment, people in recovery can begin to uncover these causes and start on their journey toward healing.
Addressing anxiety is an integral part of the addiction recovery process, and it has many benefits for those who take it seriously. With this in mind, it’s important to seek out professional help in order to get the most out of treatment. A therapist can help to provide guidance and support on this journey, helping individuals to take the steps necessary for successful recovery.
By taking these steps, people in recovery can begin to tackle their anxiety and work toward a life free from addiction. It’s an essential part of the recovery process that should not be overlooked. With the right help and support, individuals can begin to take control of their anxiety and move forward toward a brighter future.
Add Anxiety Treatment to Your Recovery Plan at Evoke Wellness Ohio
Taking care of your mental health is always a priority, and seeking help from trained professionals can be the first step to overcoming both anxiety and addiction. Various treatments, including counseling, medication, and lifestyle changes, can relieve symptoms and help you find better ways of coping with life’s stressors. Learn more about co-occurring anxiety treatment at Evoke Wellness Ohio by calling 866.430.9267 or reaching out to us online.